Full-time (40 hours per week), UK WFH/Onsite
Assume overall responsibility for the safe, clean and smooth operation of a sophisticated cold storage sites across England.
The Thermotraffic Group, a 100% subsidiary of Nichirei Corporation, is renowned for its global expertise in providing tailored solutions and complex services for the temperature-controlled transport, mainly in the food sector. Within Thermotraffic, Norish is a UK-based, multi-temperature warehousing and logistics business providing services to importers, manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and distributors.
This requires us to operate and maintain advanced Cold Store infrastructure to the highest levels of efficiency and Health & Safety. Can you help us to deliver this as a proven engineering professional with a general and specialized knowledge of engineering and facilities maintenance? Are you the Chief Engineer who can ensure a network of safe, clean and smooth-running sites via a combination of attention to detail and inspired forward-thinking? If so, please read on to find out more about a role in which you will be highly valued by your colleagues and Norish.
Far reaching responsibilities within a major group
Your core task as Chief Engineer is to optimise, control and monitor all aspects of engineering and property maintenance at all Norish facilities. Facilities include buildings, refrigeration plants, racking, electrical and other services. Your objective is to drive efficiency and quality in line with agreed standards and all Health & Safety regulations and within budget/cost guidelines. You also initiate and lead and/or participate in organisation wide projects for the further development of the site(s)/organisation, embracing new technologies and always focusing on energy conservation.
On a day-to-day basis you are responsible for the following:
- Identifying long- and short-term priorities in line with Norish strategic priorities, continually reviewing business performance;
- Creating and managing CAPEX investments;
- Creating and controlling the Engineering budget and forecasts;
- Understanding the root cause of problems and applying customer-focused solutions;
- Actively driving the professionalization of the department, encouraging team and personal development and creating a talent pipeline.
At all times you proactively drive performance across all stakeholders with a focus on efficiency and productivity, proactively keeping abreast of legislative/mandatory engineering requirements. You report to the COO.
You will be based at your home, visiting our facilities around the country as necessary.
The Norish offer
The role of Chief Engineer at Norish is a vital function in which you are free to develop yourself personally and professionally within a substantial and proven company that offers all the resources necessary to do your job to the best of your ability.
You will also benefit from:
- A market-based salary;
- 25 annual holidays;
- Pension and insurances (Death in Service and Income Protection);
- Training opportunities;
- An informal working atmosphere within an experienced team.
Are you the great Chief Engineer we’re looking for?
This is a high-profile position that calls on deep engineering knowledge and skills. Beyond that, as Chief Engineer you take responsibility and ownership for company decisions via a management style that is open and collaborative. In doing so you communicate frequently with all stakeholders – including specialist contractors – and develop positive working relationships across all disciplines and levels of the business. With this will come the initiative and clarity of thought necessary to resolve problems quickly and accurately examining all relevant factors and deciding the best course of action.
The formal requirements for the role are:
- Education to GCSE Level standard or equivalent in Maths, English and Science subjects;
- Essential Qualification: O.N.C. or C & G Certificate Mechanical or Electrical Engineering;
- Desirable Qualification: H.N.C. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Industrial -and Commercial Refrigeration;
- Computer literate including knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams etc;
- Full, clean driving licence;
- Previous experience in warehousing, cold storage industry, and distribution/logistics is an advantage.
Thermotraffic and Norish in brief
Since 1984, Thermotraffic has operated as one of the leading logistics specialists in temperature-controlled logistics worldwide. We have extensive expertise in complex services and offer our clients solution-oriented services for cold chain logistics. Norish operates as a multi-temperature warehousing and logistics business for the food industry.
Why choose Norish?
We operate positively and flexibly, we love to solve problems and do so with great success. We also understand that regardless of how well a strategy is constructed and mechanisms are created, it is people who think and act. Our employees are precious to us and to reflect this perspective, we focus on developing them and creating an enjoyable and rewarding workplace.
Thermotraffic and Norish are a 100% subsidiary of Nichirei Corporation.
Get in touch!
If you think you think this is the role for you, please contact us today at +31 (6) 82399779 or e.pelisson(at)thermotraffic.com .