Thermotraffic Holland B.V. has been active as a logistics service provider since 1987 in offering a total logistics concept for temperature-controlled goods (food/non-food). As an international company, the Thermotraffic Group has 22 branches/representations in Europe, more than 200 employees and offices in the main European seaports. Thermotraffic is part of the Japanese Nichirei Corporation, a global player in temperature-controlled logistics.
Due to the growth of the organisation and our ambitious future plans, we are looking for our offices in Rotterdam, Venlo, Antwerp and Rainham for a
Junior Customs Forwarder import/export
You will work in the import/export department as junior customs forwarder import/export. This department takes care of the execution of all import/export and customs work and related processes, in accordance with customer agreements and the agreed policy. You will receive guidance from the import/export manager. The (senior) customs forwarder import/export is the first point of contact for substantive questions and the progress of work.
In this position, you will at first work in the day shift. Resulting from Brexit, we expect working hours to change to two shifts that alternate weekly and including weekends.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Providing administrative and operational support on the basis of recorded instructions and/or known agreements.
- Under supervision, preparing import and export files with all associated (customs) documents required for correct, complete, and efficient processing of the files.
- Maintaining contacts with other departments/sites, customers, suppliers, government agencies and other stakeholders for the purpose of work progress.
- Observing and reporting irregularities and problems concerning processes, procedures, work instructions and systems.
- Applying relevant expertise and up-to-date laws and regulations.
- Professional and intellectual ability: Minimum Qualifications A Level Grade B (or equivalent) or higher in Maths and English and at least two other academic subjects.
- Vocational training and/or willing to follow training as a declarant (UK Customs Academy level 2)
- Knowledge of current and relevant laws and regulations.
- Minimum 0-2 years demonstrable professional experience in a comparable role.
- Outstanding command of spoken and written English.
- Broad knowledge and experience of modern software applications, including MS Office.
- a varied function in which you can develop yourself;
- an informal working atmosphere within a small and experienced team;
- a market-based salary;
- where appropriate, a shift allowance;
- good benefits, such as a premium free pension, end-of-year benefits and training opportunities;
- the opportunity to work in a successful, globally operating food logistics group.
- are accurate, maintain high quality standards and strive for continuous improvements;
- are flexible and like to stay up to date with laws and regulations;
- are customer-oriented and can work well together. In addition, you show initiative and are actively focused on achieving results and goals.
Do you like to be part of a growing organisation and do you feel comfortable in an administrative support role? Send your cover letter including CV to pz(at)thermotraffic.com for the attention of Inge Bierbooms.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact HR department in Rotterdam via 0031 (0)85 0401 792 or hr.uk(at)thermotraffic.com
More information about our organisation can be found on www.thermotraffic.com
A DBS check is required.