Thermotraffic Holland B.V. has been active as a logistics service provider since 1987 in offering a total logistics concept for temperature-controlled goods (food/non-food). As an international company, the Thermotraffic Group has 22 branches/representations in Europe, more than 200 employees and offices in the main European seaports. Thermotraffic is part of the Japanese Nichirei Corporation, a global player in temperature-controlled logistics.
Due to the growth of the organisation and our ambitious future plans, we are looking for our offices in Rotterdam, Venlo, Antwerp and Rainham for a
Logistics administrative support
You will work in the import/export department as a logistics administrative assistant. For this department you will carry out administrative and operational support work. This under the supervision of the team coordinator and/or forwarder.
The ideal candidate is well-educated administratively. This means that you are focused on detail information and can handle this accurately and effectively.
In addition, you use high quality standards and strive for continuous improvements and assurance of quality of work. In this position, you will at first work in the day shift. Resulting from Brexit, we expect working hours to change to two shifts that alternate weekly and including weekends.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- The (co)preparation and completion of import and export files with all associated (customs) documents.
- Taking care of administrative processing of the instructions of clients based on recorded and/or known agreements.
- Maintaining contacts with other departments/branches, customers, suppliers, government agencies and other stakeholders for the purpose of the progress of work.
- Reporting irregularities in processes, procedures, work instructions and software to the team coordinator and/or customs forwarder.
- The application of relevant professional knowledge and current laws and regulations.
- Minimum qualifications GCSE6 (or equivalent) or higher in English and Maths and at least two other academic subjects.
- At least 2 years of demonstrable work experience in a similar position (preferably within logistics).
- Knowledge of current and relevant laws and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with modern software applications, including MS office.
- Good command of the English language in words and writings.
- a varied function in which you can develop yourself;
- an informal working atmosphere within a small and experienced team;
- a market-based salary;
- where appropriate, a shift allowance;
- good benefits, such as a premium free pension, end-of-year benefits and training opportunities;
- the opportunity to work in a successful, globally operating food logistics group.
- are accurate, maintain high quality standards and strive for continuous improvements;
- are flexible and like to stay up to date with laws and regulations;
- are customer-oriented and can work well together. In addition, you show initiative and are actively focused on achieving results and goals.
Do you like to be part of a growing organization and do you feel at home in an administrative support role? Send your cover letter including CV to pz(at)thermotraffic.com for the attention of Inge Bierbooms.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact HR department in Rotterdam via 0031 (0)85 0401 792 or hr.uk(at)thermotraffic.com
More information about our organization can be found on www.thermotraffic.com
A DBS check is required.