Thermotraffic Holland B.V. has been active since 1987 as a logistics service provider in offering a logistics total concept for temperature-controlled goods (food/non food). As an internationally operating company with offices in the main European seaports we offer our customers a one stop solution-oriented service. Our range of activities covers customs activities (seaport logistics), overland -and container transportation, ocean freight, advisory services, and cold storage logistics. Thermotraffic is part of the Japanese Nichirei Corporation, a global player in temperature-controlled logistics.
Due to the growth of the organisation and our ambitious future plans, we have a job opening within our UK based office in Rainham, Essex for a:
Customs Forwarder Import/Export
You will work in the import/export department as Customs forwarder import/export. This department takes care of the execution of all import/export and Customs work and related processes, in accordance with customer agreements and the agreed policy. The Team coordinator is the first point of contact for substantive questions and the progress of work. The ideal candidate is focused on detailed information and can deal with it accurately and effectively. In addition, you maintain high quality standards and strive for continuous improvements and assurance of quality of work.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Independently arranging administrative and operational activities on the basis of recorded instructions and/or known agreements.
- Independently ensuring financial processing from start to finish.
- Independently preparing and completing import and export files with all associated (Customs) documents required for correct, complete, and efficient processing of the files.
- Independently accepting, overseeing, and handling shipments according to the arrangements agreed with customers. Ensuring the timely and correct preparation (forwarding) of papers, documents, and information.
- Issuing instructions to colleagues and carriers by reference to the cargo documentation.
- Independently checking tariff headings for Customs duties, agricultural levies, VAT and similar.
- Maintaining and developing contacts with other departments/sites, (potential) customers, suppliers, government agencies and other stakeholders for the purpose of work progress.
- Preventing, observing, and dealing with irregularities and problems concerning processes, procedures, work instructions and systems.
- Proposing and, in consultation with the manager and team coordinator, implementing improvements within the organisation with regard to efficiency, quality, customer satisfaction, profitability and broadening of the service range.
- Timely and correct informing of stakeholders concerning import and export restrictions, or unforeseen charges.
- Minimum Qualifications A level grade B (or equivalent) or higher in Maths and English and at least two other academic subjects. Vocational training as declarant (UK Customs Academy level 3) would be an advantage. Knowledge of current and relevant laws and regulations.
- Professional experience: minimum 3 years demonstrable professional experience in a comparable role.
- Languages: outstanding command of spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy: broad knowledge and experience of modern software applications, including MS Office.
- A varied function in which you can develop yourself.
- An informal working atmosphere within an experienced team.
- A market-based salary.
- Good secondary employment conditions, and training opportunities.
- The opportunity to work in a successful, global concern in the food logistics.
- Are accurate, can deal with responsibility and are able to identify problems or obstacles themselves and solve them as soon as possible.
- Are flexible and like to stay informed about laws and regulations.
- Are customer-oriented and can work well together. In addition, you show initiative and are actively focused on achieving results and objectives.
Would you like to be part of a growing organisation? Send your application letter including CV to hr.uk(at)thermotraffic.com for the attention of Eefje van Vooren.
For more information about this function, please contact Neil Stokes at n.stokes(at)thermotraffic.com or +44 (0)20 85965406.
More information about our organisation can be found at www.thermotraffic.com.
A DBS Certificate is required for this function.