Thermotraffic Holland B.V. has been active since 1987 as a logistics service provider in offering a logistics total concept for temperature-controlled goods (food/non food). As an internationally operating company with offices in the main European seaports we offer our customers a one stop solution-oriented service. Our range of activities covers customs activities (seaport logistics), overland and container transportation, ocean freight, advisory services, and cold storage logistics. Thermotraffic is part of the Japanese Nichirei Corporation, a global player in temperature-controlled logistics.
Due to the growth of the organisation and our ambitious future plans, we have a job opening within our UK based office in Rainham, Essex for a:
You will work in the UK container department in a small but experienced and enthusiastic team. The container department takes care of the national and international container transport (mainly reefers) of temperature-controlled loads. Our customers are mainly active in the food sector. You will receive guidance from the container operations manager who is based in Rotterdam. On a daily basis your direct supervisor will be the team coordinator in Rainham who will be the first point of contact for guidance and support.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Independently take care of administrative and operational work related to container transport.
- Independently accepting, guiding, handling, and setting up instructions/orders and/or container transports in accordance with agreed agreements with customers.
- Independently preparing and completing work files.
- Giving instructions to carriers and drivers.
- Pro-actively maintaining contacts with other departments/branches, (potential) customers, suppliers, Government agencies and other stakeholders for the progress of work.
- Applying relevant professional knowledge and current laws and regulations.
- Minimum Qualifications A Level Grade B (or equivalent) or higher in Maths and English and at least two other academic subjects. Vocational training in logistics. Knowledge of current and relevant laws and regulations.
- Professional experience: minimum 3-5 years demonstrable professional experience in a comparable role.
- Languages: outstanding command of spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy: broad knowledge and experience of modern software applications, including MS Office.
- A varied function in which you can develop yourself.
- An informal working atmosphere within an experienced team.
- A market-based salary.
- Good secondary employment conditions, and training opportunities.
- The opportunity to work in a successful, global concern in the food logistics.
- Are decisive and have a great sense of responsibility.
- Are flexible and can continue to perform effectively under time pressure. You stay calm in stressful circumstances and keep focussed at all times.
- Are customer-oriented and can work well within a team. In addition, you show initiative and are actively focused on achieving results and objectives.
Would you like to be part of a growing organisation? Send your application letter including CV to hr.uk(at)thermotraffic.com for the attention of Eefje van Vooren.
For more information about this function, please contact Albert Hanszen at a.hanszen(at)thermotraffic.com or +31 (0)85 0401731.
More information about our organisation can be found at www.thermotraffic.com.
A DBS Certificate is required for this function