Thermotraffic Holland B.V. has been active since 1987 as a logistics service provider in offering a logistics total concept for temperature-controlled goods (food/non food). As an internationally operating company with offices in the main European seaports we offer our customers a one stop solution-oriented service. Our range of activities covers customs activities (seaport logistics), overland and container transportation, ocean freight, advisory services, and cold storage logistics. Thermotraffic is part of the Japanese Nichirei Corporation, a global player in temperature-controlled logistics.
Due to the growth of the organisation and our ambitious future plans, we have a job opening within our UK based office in Rainham, Essex for a:
You will work in the import/export department as a logistics administrative employee. For this department you will carry out administrative and operational support work. This will be under the supervision of the team coordinator and/or senior customs forwarder. The ideal candidate is administratively well-versed. This means that you are focused on detailed information and can deal with it accurately and effectively. In addition, you maintain high quality standards and strive for continuous improvements and assurance of quality of work.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Preparing and completing import and export files with all associated (Customs) documents and invoicing;
- Providing administrative and operational support on the basis of recorded instructions and/or known agreements.
- Drawing up veterinary pre-registrations for inspections of import shipments (CHED).
- Checking and identifying outstanding Customs declarations and related documents.
- Pro-actively maintaining contacts with other departments/branches, customers, suppliers, Government agencies and other stakeholders for the progress of work.
- Applying relevant professional knowledge and current laws and regulations.
- Minimum Qualifications GCSE 6 (or equivalent) or higher in Maths and English and at least two other academic subjects. Vocational training in logistics. Knowledge of current and relevant laws and regulations.
- Professional experience: minimum 2 years demonstrable professional experience in a comparable role.
- Languages: good command of spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy: broad knowledge and experience of modern software applications, including MS Office.
- A varied function in which you can develop yourself.
- An informal working atmosphere within an experienced team.
- A market-based salary.
- Good secondary employment conditions, and training opportunities.
- The opportunity to work in a successful, global concern in the food logistics.
- Are accurate, apply high quality standards and strive for continuous improvements.
- Are flexible and like to stay informed about laws and regulations.
- Are customer-oriented and can work well together. In addition, you show initiative and are actively focused on achieving results and objectives.
Would you like to be part of a growing organisation? Send your application letter including CV to hr.uk(at)thermotraffic.com for the attention of Eefje van Vooren.
For more information about this function, please contact Neil Stokes at n.stokes(at)thermotraffic.com or +44 (0)20 85965406..
More information about our organisation can be found at www.thermotraffic.com.
A DBS Certificate is required for this function